Coming up on Thanksgiving, I needed to get a few things down in a gratitude journal. It had been a few years since I put a bunch of pages in one of my blank books. So, here are some things to share.
1. Just got a call from my sister in law and my brother will have to have some surgery later in the next year. I'm grateful for my brother and his family and I worry. This made me smile:
2. I'm so very glad this year's elections are over. I hate the divisiveness it caused and I pray everyone will pull together to take care of all the issues that need to be dealt with. I tried to keep this blog and my Facebook page fairly free of politics. This is all I'm going to say:
3. I love word play, writing and I even love editing. I have a few friends who are serious about using proper grammar and spelling and I truly respect that. This made me smile too:
Yes, it is important.
4. Friday nights are Girls' Night Out and friends and I have been going out to do things for a very long time. Three of us headed out for lunch and a craft show yesterday afternoon. While this continues the kind of adult theme, it's true:
Can't have enough friends, can you?
5. I have a carved wooden box some friends gave me that I use to keep memories in, until I can get them in the larger storage bin downstairs or organize. I've had a wonderful life and I'm grateful for the pictures, program books, invitations, etc., that make me smile. But:
6. While I was raised to be a lady, my mother taught me to not be afraid to strategically use a curse word. So, here's another thing that sounds funny to be glad for, but sometimes we need "that kind of day" to make the rest of your life feel great:
7. Earlier in the year, my buddy Pam Asberry went to the Magnolias and Moonlight conference and got me an autographed book from one of my favorite authors. This was a huge thing, as I have been collecting autographed books since I worked at a bookstore in the 1980s. This was the book:
8. I had an unusual childhood, but we had some great adventures. I need to get this button:
9. Those past experiences have made me very practical in my perspective on life. I need to get this t-shirt:
Besides, I look good in red.
10. I'm grateful I've been able to lose almost sixty pounds in the past year and keep it off. This shirt made me laugh, though: